1. Two new houseplants given to me by my sister 2. Meeting Laurie Halse Anderson 3. Met my Sept revenue targets for day job 4. Rescheduled hair appointment for tonight 5. For the myriad people who have walked before Feeling a little lighter this week. Pre-season hockey is a distraction. I am considering an online
• Today was a better day. I will take it. • Pizza for dinner • Invested in some new socks • Payday • Insight Timer app – Sleep 😴 music 🌾 so glad for the weekend. I am exhausted. What are you grateful for this week? Let me know in the comments.👇🏼👇🏼be specific.
Here is the thing: I despise vague posts where information is held back and the reader is left wondering. But, it has become apparent to me that sometimes we have to navigate messy, messy situations. Sometimes the story is not only ours to tell. Sometimes all you get is one side. So my side is
1. Mountain Goats at the Commodore Ballroom tonight 2. Payday 3. Sleeping with a blanket again 4. Canuck’s Hockey Twitter 5. Read a novel: Where the Forest Meets the Stars by Glendy Vanderah 🎶❤️ New music, a novel and hockey preseason is upon us. All good distractions for when I need one. None of them
School supplies:: socks and boots and tights:: spicy foods:: tea:: cooler nights:: crisper mornings:: falling leaves:: burnt orange:: pumpkins:: apples:: harvest:: lake fishing:: chili and soup:: chestnuts and autumn walks:: dad and Tara’s birthdays 🍂 Technically still summer. And this afternoon the sun is warm. We walked and now some errands. 🍂 What does September
1. Fresh hair – and a reminder to get a mole checked 2. honest conversation with my daughter 3. realtors with a sense of humour 4. wearing socks for the first time 5. Okanagan peaches . . We are heading into another in between space. The weekend will usher in a new month so, I
Today someone asked me to tell them more about my lifecoaching work. I said: I generally work with people who are looking to either make a transition in their life or their lives have fundamentally changed and there is an opportunity to pivot and maybe for the first time ever actively CHOOSE something instead of
• It was a calmer week 🙏🏼 • access to counselling services and some talk therapy 🗣 • the slightest hint of fall – customarily I do not want summer to end, but this year I am ready 🍂 • new paper planner arrived – trying out new system 📝 • end of summer pedicure
⁃ Pain meds make post op dental surgery easier to manage ⁃ Dinner with a good friend ⁃ Random encounter with my daughter ⁃ New book recommendations via photo challenge prompts ⁃ discovery of a new farm egg supplier close to home . . Two days off from vigorous activity. My old self would be
What do you really, really want? It might take some time to figure it out. It might make you uncomfortable to answer the question. I challenge you to give it a try. Write down all the things, then be quiet , sit with them and then do it again. Eventually you will find some clarity.