1. Random ? Messages / posts / signs that resonate deeply – I do not believe they are random. 2. Finding a piece of zebra 🦓 wood that my son will incorporate into a brand new butcher block island. 3. Socially distanced visit with a dear friend who has a big heart ❤️ @toabbey 4.
I am tired. Are you tired? There is so much going on. Big global concerns: climate change and Covid 19. On our continent which we share with the USA and Mexico – we have Black Lives Matters and the state of the US politics. Then, In Canada, we have our own things: Indigenous affairs, our
Friday Gratitudes 1. Being made aware of the writings of Alan Watts and Joanna Macy 2. Cherries, cherries and now apricots 3. Mum is having a better week – more of an appetite and less tired – this a huge win. 4. Watching Schitt$ Creek with mum and laughing 5. Catching up on my sleep.
1. Electronic banking- especially on rainy days 2. Tiny space heaters and small home offices 3. Silence – the privilege of sitting in the quiet 4. Therapy – it is not what I thought and it is just what I need 5. My library – so, so grateful that we can order and pick up
1. A heron sighting – she/he has been elusive of late 2. New specs – eye exam completed 3. Time spent with my daughters in my Jeep – elicits memories of chauffeuring her to oh so many dance classes 4. Clean hardwood floors! This makes me so happy. 5. My listeners. The people who check
1. Mum’s oncologist is bright and approachable,and mum will embark on a treatment journey that may give us a bit more time. Mum is charge the entire way. 2. Listening to the radio with my daughter as I drive her to work 3. Despite the predictions of rain every day, we have had a few
• We both are off work today for our anniversary (due to Covid19) but, regardless the day is beautiful and we will celebrate with pizza and carrot cake • My MIL’s neighbour lent us the icing sugar so we can have cream cheese frosting on the above mentioned carrot cake • My peonies are popping
1. A week at home – sleeping in my own bed; watering + weeding my own garden, deck time with Mr W 2. Pre-emptive gratitude for my rescheduled session with therapist tomorrow 3. My son made risotto last night and it was delicious 4. The comfort of familiar music – Nick Cave and the Bad
1. Made it home to family safely and without incident 2. Mum’s new bed – and I managed to get the frame built and mattresses shifted all by myself 3. Neighbour gifted us a 1L bottle of sanitizer 4. Some short visits with my daughter 5. Bonus sunshine ☀️ to spend all day in the
Thursday May 14th Seen: one woodpecker, one bald eagle, black capped chickadee, robins, two hummingbirds, a bluejay, two crows 15,000 steps Free Tomato 🍅 plants Lettuce Letter writing in the morning