⁃ For the excellent care of my father at Penticton Regional Hospital ⁃ For my two sisters and our ability to rally and mobilize quickly ⁃ For our people who have reached out with love and support ⁃ For my dad who once again has shown incredible resilience, while acknowledging his own mortality with grace
Grateful for: weekends, diffusing Holiday Joy, and remembering Dad. It has been six months since Dad died. That does not seem possible. I miss him so much. So many conversations I have had in my heart – out loud in my Jeep. Driving. Sitting. Walking. Wondering. So much has happened. So much has changed. He
1. Access to another vehicle while my Jeep is repaired 2. My ability to drive; I continue to get strength back in my leg 3. Pilot flair tip markers – found out I can purchase single black ones at the local craft store 4. My tights work as compression stockings 5. My sister gifts me
Grateful for no further complications with my leg; headphones and music; easy Sunday dinners and leftovers. Not an easy day. Spent majority of it in emergency. Grateful for the car received. Really need to move on.
Grateful for: calm conversation and a wee bit of laughter with H :: annie’s mac and cheese :: naps in the middle of the day 🌒 🌓 Other things I love right at this moment in time: This incredible autumn 🍂 weather. My son’s cats: Millie and Luna. Winter ale. My adidas trackpants. Blackberry Tangerine
November Intentions Post a list of three gratitudes every day Sit in silence everyday Disciplined rehabilitation for left leg Increase hydration levels Limit alcohol to Friday + Saturday
• I am ALIVE – not wanting to sound overly dramatic but, the reality is I could very well not be • My leg is not broken either – another miracle • The sunshine and crisp days – bonus autumn weather • My son is temporarily at home and willing to pick up the meal
• an especially good session with my therapist • The public library – Access to new books in seconds • My first manicure in many years • Phone call from my sister in Maui • My son is in charge of dinner once a week while he is home temporarily Also grateful for these last
1. Long weekend is upon us and while I am disappointed we are not off visiting our friends, I am thankful for days of rest and respite that lay before me 2. Pumpkin pie 3. Friends who check up on me 4. Some serious glory days of autumn 5. New music by Nick Cave 6.
“Tears come from the heart and not from the brain”~ Leonardo da Vinci . . It has been a bit of a rough go. I consider myself to be fairly self-aware and have considerable tools in the belt; yet still this sadness I am feeling is profound. A tsunami of sadness. It feels like I
1. My coffee this morning 2. Some glorious early autumn days 3. Wrapping myself in my blanket and wearing my hoodies 4. Frankincense 5. EHT 6. My happy light Mornings are so very dark now. On top of that we have rain in our forecast for the next 6 months 😂. Pulling out all the