• My dad had a good week of recovery in hospital, everyday a little stronger • My children turn 24 and I have a relationship with both of them • Fresh hair, perfect way to end the month. My productivity is much higher when I feel put together. • Some external accountability for my
• Meetings with potential • Our slow cooker • Learning about decolonization • The trust to set boundaries and stick with them • The last of the okanagan peaches 🍑 _____________________________________________ Happy Friday people! Today is just another day for me but, the other two in my household are back at working so, the end
• Text messages from my adult children • Harvesting mum’s basil 🌿 for the winter months • The reprieve from the smokey skies • New music from Matt Berninger of The National • Crossover visit with my youngest sister and rediscovering my love for The Basketball 🧡🏀🧡🏀🧡🏀🧡🏀🧡🏀🧡🏀🧡🏀 Loads of learning happened this week. Humbled by
• The space and time and emotional capacity to deal with 💩🤣 • Book: library books, old favourites from my shelves • My son has found a new job – hallelujah • Cooler mornings and warm afternoons. Crisp blue skies. • Being home; sorting things – organizing – crossing things off my list 📝 There
1. Last minute visit with friends 2. Clear skies to view the Perseids even though I forgot to set my alarm because of a heavy heart; I am certain it was spectacular 3. Paid all the bills 4. Library is now officially open and I have more books to pick up 5. Finished a small
• Waking up and being at the perfect temperature; I am not usually one for lingering but this morning I savoured the moment. • Picked up a new phone case in the discount bin. • I slept in our tent ⛺️ in the back yard • Introduction to a new portrait artist here on IG
Woke to a slight reprieve from the heat Avon Skin so Soft “mosquito repellent” Savouring the perfect piece of toast Blueberries for the freezer The intangible delight of Fridays Difficult conversations this week. Ongoing. Living in the grey. Understanding choices and compromise. Loving your people and realizing you cannot change others. Grateful for mornings. Waking
1. Random ? Messages / posts / signs that resonate deeply – I do not believe they are random. 2. Finding a piece of zebra 🦓 wood that my son will incorporate into a brand new butcher block island. 3. Socially distanced visit with a dear friend who has a big heart ❤️ @toabbey 4.
Friday Gratitudes 1. Being made aware of the writings of Alan Watts and Joanna Macy 2. Cherries, cherries and now apricots 3. Mum is having a better week – more of an appetite and less tired – this a huge win. 4. Watching Schitt$ Creek with mum and laughing 5. Catching up on my sleep.
1. Electronic banking- especially on rainy days 2. Tiny space heaters and small home offices 3. Silence – the privilege of sitting in the quiet 4. Therapy – it is not what I thought and it is just what I need 5. My library – so, so grateful that we can order and pick up
1. A heron sighting – she/he has been elusive of late 2. New specs – eye exam completed 3. Time spent with my daughters in my Jeep – elicits memories of chauffeuring her to oh so many dance classes 4. Clean hardwood floors! This makes me so happy. 5. My listeners. The people who check